Car accidents and collisions can cause a loss of wages, property damages, serious injury and even death. At Hall Law & Associates, experience matters. We hold insurance companies and defendants responsible. Get the justice you deserve and call Hall Law & Associates for a free consultation.
Do I really need an attorney? I wasn’t hurt that badly….
Like many of us you assume you will heal completely. But you likely incurred some costs and pain. It was not your fault. Ask yourself the following:
Injury Checklist –
Do you have a new injury after being in a car accident or other event?
Did you lose income or wages as a result of a personal injury?
Did you require medical attention a result of the injury?
How was your health before the injury? Is your health now worse?
If you answered yes to at least two of these questions then you may want a free phone consultation. Call Hall Law & Associates at (401) 596-4401 to speak with an experienced attorney. Ask the question and find out what your options are.
What to do if you have been in a car accident –
If you have been in a car accident, it is important to make sure you do the following to preserve your legal rights:
First, take care of yourself. Be safe and get the medical care you need. If possible, you, a witness or other person in the vehicle should:
- Take photos of the cars and of the scene as soon as possible. Even photos taken days later of the scene or of the vehicles can show skid marks on the roadway or severity of the collision. If promptly notified, an attorney can arrange for accident scene photos to be taken. An experienced attorney may also arrange for photos of the vehicles to be taken before photographic evidence is lost. Do not assume that you will have access to police photos.
- Be a good patient. If your doctor tells you to follow up with a health care professional, it is imperative that you follow your medical provider’s instructions. Insurance companies want proof of your injuries. “How badly were they hurt if they didn’t event follow doctor care. ” Steps you take today can positively impact your results. If you disagree with your medical provider or cannot follow up then you should speak with your doctor and explain your problem or concern. Often the insurance company paying the claim will try to pay you less if you do not follow doctor’s orders. Talk with an experienced attorney if you have questions about how your medical decisions will effect your case. Never substitute an attorney for licensed and competent medical care. Attorneys should not be giving medical advice.
- Obtain names of witnesses and phone numbers for your attorney. Good witnesses can make a big difference in the outcome of your case.
- Keep a journal. Stories matter. If your injuries are really bothering, then you can keep a journal as to how and when your injuries give you trouble. An experienced attorney can help you determine whether a journal is appropriate for your case. Ask your attorney the difference between keeping notes for your attorney and keeping a general journal. Usually, notes for an attorney are privileged and the insurance company is not entitled to them unless you and your attorney wish to provide the notes. Ask your attorney if your notes would be protected by the “Attorney/Client” privilege.
- Keep track of time lost from work or other money that has been lost as a result of the car accident. You have a legal right to receive “fair, just and reasonable” compensation for lost wages or lost income. An experienced attorney can help you determine if this claim exists. At Hall Law & Associates, we work with expert economists and other forensic specialists to determine and prove your lost wage claim. Quite often, tax returns, pay stubs and other documents are used to prove this part of a case. It is important to save these receipts and other items. An experienced attorney can assist in identifying items that would be helpful in your case.
- Medical Bills are recoverable and you should save a copy of all bills and receipts. Even items purchased over the counter, such as aspirin, ice bags, a neck collar, crutches and other drugstore items are reimbursable.
Each car accident is different and each injured person recovers differently. For that reason alone, a consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney should be considered. The sooner you learn what facts can help protect you, the more likely you are to protect your legal interests. At Hall Law & Associates, we work with you, step by step, to form a plan for increased success!
Car Accidents cause the loss of time, property, health and even life. When you have been in an auto accident, issues of fault can be complicated by who acted when and which laws governed the situation. If the other driver was negligent, you may have to prove that the driver breached a duty of care to you and that the breach caused your damages.
The assistance of an attorney can be very valuable at this time, whether you are battling an insurance company, seeking compensation for your injuries or defending yourself in court. You may choose not to pursue a case but it is comforting to protect your options.
An individual who has been injured in an automobile accident may be able to seek monetary compensation for injuries and damages. Cases are fact specific, typically with complex issues of proof and fault in dispute.
Working with Hall Law & Associates will help you sort out your legal options. We take pride in individualized, personal attention to maximize your financial recovery in case of an automobile accident.