QUESTIONS TO ASK AN ATTORNEY BEFORE HIRING:
- What is your background? Each attorney has more or less experience. It is critical that you know how much experience your attorney has in the law and helping individuals. At Hall Law & Associates, we have more than 20 years of experience helping injured people and we can explain how we fight hard to make the insurance company pay more.
- Who will I work with? We don’t put actors on buses and we don’t waste your time with phony TV commercials – we are real trial lawyers and we really do go to court for you.
The guy on the television commercial might not actually be your attorney. The man you meet with might not be the associate that is actually assigned your case. At Hall Law & Associates, you meet with the actual attorney that will handle your case. We keep it simple, you pick your actual attorney and we stick with you throughout your case.
- How long will it take to settle my case? How do you settle my case? You deserve to know what to expect. Your lawyer should be able to share a strategy for success. You should understand what will happen in your case. You deserve to know how long your case will realistically take.
- Do you really go to court (how often)? We regularly go to courts in Rhode Island and Connecticut when it helps our client get a better result. Some lawyers just advertise and try to settle cases quickly for less money. At Hall Law & Associates, we regularly file lawsuit, regularly hire experts to support our clients and we make regular appearances in civil court. The judicial Website verifies that we regularly litigate matters involving personal injury. You should find out how often you might need to go to court. Some clients want to avoid court and some want to go to court. Discuss this with an attorney that is experienced with court.
- Is my case important to you (and why)? Find out why your attorney wants to represent you. Trust your gut. Some attorneys care a great deal for their client and truly want to help the client win as much as possible. Like all professionals, some care more than others. Trust your gut as you listen to the attorney tell you why he or she wants to represent you. If they truly care, you will usually be able to sense it. At Hall Law & Associates, we pride ourselves in caring. We believe you should be treated like family and with respect. That is our pledge to you.
- My case is worth millions of dollars right? (My case is over $100,000, right?) We seek to maximize your result – always! But we cannot predict exact dollar amounts because even one fact may change and affect the value of your case.
Beware of an attorney that promises you a certain amount of money when you first discuss your case. Only fortune tellers can predict what a case is truly worth. Instead, ask your attorney to give you examples of other cases and case values. As your case develops, the attorneys at Hall Law & Associates, can help you to decide if your case is worth Millions or Thousands. Often a case is more valuable only when the injury is permanent and causes problems throughout a lifetime. At Hall Law & Associates, we can explain the facts that make a case worth more or less – for free — in the first meeting.
- What do I have to do next? Ask your attorney about how your medical treatment will affect your case. Lost wages and medical bills require proof and your attorney should be able to explain how you can maximize your recovery by proving how you have been injured.
At Hall Law & Associates, an experienced attorney can meet with you and answer these questions. We are available weekends and evenings upon request.
Call (401) 596-4401 for an immediate appointment.